Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rescuing (Chapter 12)

"Faalan?" I woke up to see choppy black hair and blue eyes.
"Yes, Yosa?'
"It's time to go."
"Right..." Shaking my head, I shook away the tiredness and the leaves in my hair. Then, using my mind, I checked to see if Dyari was there. I could feel his presence in the mountains.
Dyari?
Faalan?
Yes, it’s me.
Where are you?
I’m with Yosa, she stole the flower, but with good intentions.
What?
Never mind the details. Point is, I’m going to help her and then come back with the flower.
How many days should it take?
At the most, I think 3 days. At the least, 1.
That’s not really helpful.
I know, and I’m sorry I can’t help you more. Just give me a couple of days.
Fine. I’m leaving now.
Talk to you in a couple of days then.
Bye.
"Are you ready to go?" The young girl looked up at me, for I was a good foot or two taller than her.
"Yes, I'm ready. Take me hand."
"Okay."
"I have to go into your mind so I can find the location of the place."
"But I told you where it is."
"But I don't know what it looks like. Don't worry, I won't look at anything else."
"Promise?"
"Promise." I had a shift through a couple of stray thoughts before I found the place. Then I concentrated and the next thing I knew, we were in the place of her memories.
"Is this the right place?" I asked her, wanting to make sure.
"Yes, it is. Now we have to go in."
"Wait, I have to make an illusion of the flower first." She took out the real one and placed it in my hands. In the place of the real one, and illusion flower appeared in her hands and it was an exact copy of the real one. The colors even changed at the same time, for I was looking at the real one as I was making the illusion.
"I'll stay outside and maintain the illusion. You go inside. I'll make sure you'll be safe."
"See you then." Then the girl was gone.
The illusion was a lot harder than I had expected it to be and it was sapping at my energy reserves.
Yosa?
Is that you, Faalan?
Yes. Good thing you were smart enough to think what you wanted to say. Some people just talk aloud when they hear me.
What is it?
I need you to hurry up. I can't maintain this illusion for too long without draining too much of my energy. If I drain too much, I won't be able to get us off here by teleportation. I can't talk anymore. Good luck.
I didn't give her a chance to reply before I cut off the connections. That little amount bit of talk had chipped away at the energy I had and now I had to focus on the illusion. A half a minute later, Yosa rushed out with her sister, who looked around 6 years old.
"Hello." Yosa's sister said shyly.
"Hello. Both of you, please take my hand. Quickly." I said, feeling my energy draining from me. I got us out of there and to the middle of the mountain range and then released the illusion. I was sure that we were far enough not to be found by the man.
Dyari was there waiting for me.
"Here's your flower." I said, handing over the real thing to Dyari.
"Sweetness!" he said. I merely rolled my eyes.
"Let me give to to my mother and I'll be back to take you to Fala. I promise."
"Alright. I trust you. Anyways, I have to help these two."
"See ya later!" The air ripped open underneath the dagger and Dyari was gone.
"Yosa, do you know how to hunt and take care of yourself in the wild?" I asked.
"I have for the last 3 years."
"Why?"
"Our parents died then and we were left to fend on our own. The only thing we got was the small hut."
"If I show you two a cave near here, will you be able to take care of yourselves? It'll be near the bottom of the mountain so it shouldn't be too cold."
"We'll manage."
"Good." They automatically took my hands and I got them to the cave.
"Thank you for everything, Faalan." Yosa mumbled.
"Thanks, Faalan!" the younger girl said excitedly.
"It was my pleasure." Scooping up the young girl in my arms, I put her on my shoulder and looked up at her.
"What's your name, little one?"
"My name's Noiyra, and I'm not little!" I chuckled as she pouted and crossed her arms.
"Well, Noiyra, I want you to be good to your older sister and take care of her when she needs help. Is that alright?"
"Yes!" Noiyra smiled proudly at the mention of taking care of her sister.
"Good girl." I lifted her up and put her back down on the ground. Then, I stepped backwards and prepared myself to leave.
"Faalan?" Noiyra looked at me with a slightly sad expression in her face.
"Yes, Noiyra?" She ran forward towards me.
"Can you lean forward so that we're face to face?" I didn't know what she wanted to do, but I complied. I was surprised when she kissed me gently on my cheek.
"Goodbye Faalan." Yosa whispered softly, her words almost lost in the breeze.
"Bye Faalan!" Noiyra waved as she ran back to her sister.
"Goodbye!" I called to them just before I teleported to the mountain to find Dyari again.

No comments: