Monday, July 14, 2008

Memory Sharing (Chapter 20)

Honestly, I really was quite confused as to what had happened. All I really knew was that Fala had seen Tahi and his half-sister together. (What had they been doing anyways?!) The other thing that I knew for certain was that I was going to make Fala only mine. Tahi needed to get his hands off of her. (I was about ready to run a stone through his heart now.)
I concentrated for a brief moment for teleportation. And then I stood in front of Tahi and Fala.
"Shit, he found us!"
"Whoa, watch your language!" I retorted. I mean, I did swear on occasion, but...
"Faalan. Meet Tahi. Tahi. Meet Faalan. Now, I would like for the two of you to get along." We both turned to look at Fala. Then we both gritted out teeth.
"Faalan." Tahi stuck out a hand, jaw set and eyes hard.
"Tahi. I took the hand and shook it, resisting the urge to crush his hand. We let go of each others' hands ASAP.
"Good. I'm glad that's settled now." Fala beamed, and I half melted to see her smiling face. But I didn't let that deter me from my original goal.
"Tahi, I'd like you to see what Fala and I have been through." I smiled slightly.
"Wh-" I didn't give him a chance to reply before I sent all of our travels through his head, making sure he would see our kisses.
"What did you do to him?!" I turned to Fala, who was staring at Tahi. He was very still now, eyes wide open as my memories rushed through his mind.
"I merely am letting him experience what we went through." She sighed and shook her head disapprovingly. I felt my heart sink a little, but I got over that quickly.
"Fala. I missed you so much." And it was true. I forgot about her sometimes when I had been searching for the Pranji flower and desperately trying to save Yosa and Noiyra, but she had always been in the back of my mind. I loved her so much. My heart ached at the though of her possible rejection.
"I missed you too Faalan, but Tahi is my boyfriend." She let the words sink in for a moment. I clenched my hands into fists for a moment then took a deep breath to calm myself.
"You don't know what I've been through to get here." I let myself flip through my mental folders where I had the memories of my travels to get to this point in time.
"It couldn't possibly be as bad as what I've had to go through." Her eyes were filled with pain, but I couldn't stop the words that came out of my mouth.
"Really? You sure about that?" It was, in a way, cruel that I had said that. I couldn't know what she had gone through until I saw for myself. So I let my words take effect for a moment before I let her experience my memories. Then I plunged into hers.

AN: What shall we find out about Tahi and Fala's past? Only time will tell...
Stay tuned for the next chapter! ^_^

No comments: