Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finally (Chapter 18)

Dyari turned to me.
"Are you ready to go to Fala?" I smiled.
"Yes. I'm ready."
"I guess this is goodbye then."
"Yeah. I won't forget you for what you've done for me."
"Aww, don't go all soppy on me now."
"Fine, be like that!" We laughed and he pulled me into a bear hug, pounding me on the back.
"Alright, let's go then!" He smiled at me, though there was a slight tinge of sadness etched into his eyes. Taking out his dagger, he made a quick swipe into the air and through the hole in the air, I could see a large building with students milling around the front.
"Goodbye, Dyari."
"Oh don't say goodbye! I'll be seeing you later!" I stared at him a moment before I realized what he meant.
"Cool, see ya later!" I looked around at the city of Maunti one last time and stepped through the rift. The last thing I saw of my time was Dyari's face through the hole. Then, I took a good look at my surroundings.
This time was...strange. What had happened to all the plant life? Why were there so many buildings? And-
"Oof! Watch where you're go-" The voice stopped short as I turned around.
"Faalan?" Large golden eyes and a bewildered brunette looked at me.
"Fala!" My heart sang with joy when I saw her beautiful face for the first time in ages.
"What are you doing here? I came here so that I wouldn't mess up time!"
"I came to see you." She blushed slightly, but kept her face hard.
"You have to go back. We'll mess up everything if you come here. I mean, you probably were destined to do something in the past and now you aren't there. You have to fix that!"
"No. I worked for around a year just to get here. You can't send me back now!" I was hurt. I had hoped that she still loved me, but now I wasn't so sure.
"Oh Faalan..." She sighed.
"I needed to be with you. I can't live without you by my side." Her ears turned red along with the rest of her face.
"It's not as simple as you think."
"Tahi."
"What?!"
"I said Tahi."
"Wait, you know about him?!"
"I only-"
"You went into my mind?!" She sounded really really annoyed and I winced at her harsh words.
"It was when I established a connection with you right before we went for Kaija. It was an accident, I swear!" Her face relaxed a little, though she twitched a bit at the memory of Kaija.
"How long do you think I've been here now?" I paused, taken aback by the sudden question.
"What?"
"Seriously, just answer the question."
"Um... A couple of days?"
"I've been here a year. Things are more complicated than just Tahi."
"Oh."
"Yeah."
"Care to fill me in?"
"Not in-" She stopped abruptly and she looked at me. Or...not.
I turned to see someone who was around my height with black hair and brown eyes.
"What do you want, Tahi?" she snapped.
"I'm trying to explain to you that I did nothing wrong!" Tahi looked genuinely upset about something.
"Don't mess with me, Tahi." And she looked genuinely pissed off.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's going on here?" I was confused.

AN: Soooooo sorry it took so long to get this chapter up!!! I finally found a way to end TTT so I'm really really pleased with myself. ^_^

No comments: